Join us on Saturday October 8th for a free day of family fun! Open Farms will let you explore some of our W.E. Heart Local partners – each offering a unique experience. Think farm fresh tastings, behind-the-scenes tours and hands on activities to learn all about what our farmers do to bring you fresh produce!
Tune in to AM800 Experts On Call on Saturday October 1st at 3pm for a sneak preview of the weekend and details on the FREE unique experiences you can have at each of the stops.
Make sure you register for your FREE passport to help guide you to all of the stops on Open Farms day 2022!
Participating Farm Experiences:
- Essex County Federation of Agriculture
- Farm Safety activities 12pm to 5pm
- Hawksview Honey
- Learn about the life cycle of a bee at 11am and 3pm
- Bee hive box painting at 11am to 4pm
- Ortaliza Urban Farms
- Microgreen blind tasting 2pm to 4pm
- Learn to grow your own microgreens at 2pm and 3pm
- Oxley Estate Winery
- Grape Harvest 1pm to 4pm, taste the fresh juice before fermentation starts
- Sauve’s Country Market
- Dairy Educator from 10am to 6pm with a life size artificial cow to milk
- Get up close and personal with a heifer and calf from Bally Bright Farms 10am to 6pm
- The Little Cider Company
- Witness apple pressing 12pm to 5pm and learn about the growing stages of apples and the making of apple cider
- Dockside Fisheries
- Stop in for an Oyster Shucking Lesson from 11am to 12pm or 1pm to 2pm
Redeem 5 activities on the Open Farms pass and be entered into the W.E. Heart Local grand prize draw in November for $500 in W.E. Heart Local products! YOU MUST HAVE THE FREE OPEN FARMS DIGITAL PASS IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE OPEN FARMS EXPERIENCE
If you haven’t yet, you can also make sure you register for your free W.E. Heart Local Digital Pass today for extra offers and gifts while you shop local in #YQG!